Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just a Quick Hello

It is a GORGEOUS day here in Seoul!  Yesterday was Chusok holiday--kind of like the Korean Thanksgiving--and fittingly, the weather was truly chilly for the first time since I've been here.  I was actually wishing I had worn a jacket walking in to work this morning, but the afternoon was amazingly clear and sunny and just beautiful.  And I actually got to see the sun, even though it was a work day!  I had a short shift today (eight hours instead of twelve)--it felt like I was skipping class when I left this afternoon.

Quick grocery stop at the commissary, then I came home to a (mostly) clean ah-pah-tu, because my wonderful husband spent the afternoon yesterday cleaning and putting things away while I was at work.  How in the world did I get so lucky, to have a husband who's this awesome?  (I like to joke that it's because I prayed for his future wife before we were ever dating, but that's a story for another day.)

I think I'm going to go wandering in one of the shopping districts in Seoul--I can't let this glorious weather, or this glorious free time, go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment