Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Conversation

In Korean, at the Kimbap Chunguk:

Kimbap Unnie:  Do you know "military base stew"?
Me:  Of course.
KB Unnie:  We have it here now!  It's on our new menu.
Me:  Oh really?  My husband loves military base stew--he'll be happy.
Another customer:  Oh, your Korean is good!
Me:  No, it's still not good.
Customer:  It's good!  How long have you lived here?
Me:  One year, but...
Customer:  Only one year?  Wow!
Me:  ...but my husband is Korean-American, so I've studied for fourth year.
KB Unnie:  (laughing) You mean four years.
Me:   That's embarrassing.  My Korean really is bad.

1 comment:

  1. My darling, we are thankful for your desire to learn Korean language. That's more than enough for us. And you are doing fine with Korean. We are proud of you! Ommah & Appah

    ReplyDelete