Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This and That

My hardworking husband has been in the field for the last month or so, so I've been trying to keep busy.

It's gotten hot here, but there's been enough of a breeze that it's tolerable without A/C in the ah-pah-tuh if I keep the windows open.  The only downside to this is the noise--which is surprisingly loud, given that I live on the 34th floor.


I've been up to see Jihyun Unnie and the boys--they're getting so big!


And up to see Kyoungmin Unnie and Komo, who taught me how to make soondubu with beef and white pickles.  Yum!




I tagged along with one of my Korean friends from work to her riding lesson out in the country: 




And I finally took my new sewing machine out of the box and fought with it until I had a reasonably decent pillow cover.  Turns out cutting and sewing in straight lines is harder than it looks.


I also had a couple of the girls I work with over to bake.  We made zucchini bread, tofu chips (surprisingly yummy, probably because there was just as much flour as tofu)...



and a diaper cake (non-edible of course, but with a bottle of wine in the center) for a coworker whose wife had just had a baby.


Girl time's been fun, but I'm more than ready for my husband to come home!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely one month is a long time for newly weds. But at the same time, you will cherish every moment of your time together. It is good to see you are making good use of your time with family and friends.
    We love you. Appah & Ommah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear about your sewing machine! I've turned Gmother's sun porch into a sewing parlor. I look forward to the time you can join me thre. We can share the glass topped table and swap tips.
    Love, auntie A

    ReplyDelete