Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hooray!

I know Mike's not likely to brag, so I'll do it for him. 

First, my handsome and athletic husband earned his blue belt in Tae Kwon Do last Friday.  I will admit to being just a tiny bit jealous, since it took me four years to earn mine (mostly because I only took classes in the summer when I was home from college), but I am mostly just happy for Mike.  It wasn't very long ago at all that he could not, try as he might, touch his toes.

Next, not only is my husband a great athlete himself, but his Company isn't half-bad as a whole.  The Cobras are currently ranked 9th out of 50 or so companies on post in the annual sports competition (points are given for participation and success in multiple leagues, tournaments, and events throughout the year).  I got to play volleyball with the guys last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed myself, even though my skills are definitely a bit rusty.

And finally (I saved the best for last!), it was announced last week that Cobra Company has won the Draper Leadership Unit Award, which is awarded to the best Armor unit in the Division.  To put this in context for my fellow non-soldiers, Cobra Company has been awarded one of only ten armor awards in the entire U.S. Army.  (This is a BIG DEAL.)  Congrats to the Cobras, and to my husband!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!
    Congratulations!
    We didn't know Mike was not able to touch his toe. Goodness!
    We are so happy to hear the good news.
    Thank you for sharing, JeanAnne.
    Your blog is a great source of joy to us. Keep on writing. We love you!!! Appah and Ommah

    ReplyDelete