Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dreams

I started our tax returns today.  I know--a little late, but I'd already gotten all of our documents together, I just have to stick it all into the tax program.  I mean, taxes aren't exactly simple, but with the software it's not too bad.  Today, however, I hit an unexpected snag.

"Check here if your address is overseas"  Yep, ok, that applies to me.
"Street address" Ok, got that one.
"City" Easy.
"Country"  Got it.
"Postal Code"  Hmmm.

I guess it's a bit ridiculous that I don't know my own address, but I get my mail on post, I can just tell taxi drivers to go to the subway station just in front of my building, and I've never really had reason to know it.  Although we did try to order Dominos Pizza once--unsuccessfully as it turned out, because we didn't know which district we're officially located in.  Not being able to order delivery pizza was not sufficient reason to motivate me to track down my complete address.  I mean, the Korean take-out place downstairs could find my apartment just fine.

So, back to my taxes, or to my trusty pal Google, to find the information for my taxes.  I'm a pretty experienced Google-er; I mean, part of my job is to be able to find obscure information, and I did go to college in the 21st century.  But I struggled with this for about 15 minutes before I found the correct district, then a few more minutes before I discovered I could input my city and district into a form on the Korea Post site and it would spit out a list of large apartment complexes in the area.  Score!  I found my apartment, and copied the address into the tax form and into a digital post-it in case I need it in the future.

To celebrate my find, I would like to share with you the motto on the Korea Post site:  "Post Office will always be there where everyone's dream exists."

1 comment:

  1. My darling,
    So glad that Michael is in good hands.
    He can definitely trust his wife with income tax.
    What a great help meet you are, Jeananne!
    We love you. Ommah & Appah

    ReplyDelete