Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Green Jacket: A Memorial

The Green Jacket, I am sad to report, is gone--lost forever on our way back from China.  I'll pause here for a moment of silent rememberance.

...

It was a very sad day, indeed, when we realized it was gone.  The Green Jacket has been a good and faithful friend--beating back wind and rain and chilly temperatures literally all over the globe for over three years, with nary a sign of deterioration.  We had looked forward to many more happy years together!  But alas, it is not to be.

In tribute, here is a photographic walk down memory lane:

Here is The Green Jacket in Virginia Beach

In Huntsville

San Diego

Pasadena

Bavaria

Budingen

Munich

Vienna (?)

Cologne (?)

Camp Casey

Soyosan

Dongducheon

And finally, Shanghai.

Farewell, Green Jacket.  You will be missed. 

**Update**  When Mike read this post I saw true emotion (and perhaps the slightest hint of a tear) on his face.  I asked if he didn't want to order a new jacket.  "Too soon, too soon" he said.









1 comment:

  1. My dear, ommah became a little bit emotional about the green jacket while browing the pictures. She doesn't remember what the occasion was when she bought it for a gift. Maybe Christmas.
    By the way, green is my favorite color. So Michael must be gotton it from me to love a green jacket.
    Anyway, it has done a great service to Michael and it is about time to have a new beginning.
    I am sure some of our relatives are a little bit tired of seeing him in green jacket again and again. I am glad you didn't complain. You are just the girl that God sent for Michael. We love you. Appah & Ommah

    ReplyDelete