Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birthday Presents

I had such a fun birthday today!  It's the Navy's birthday as well, so I made a cookie cake with "Happy Birthday U.S. Navy" for my sailors, and people were wishing us happy birthday at work all day.  Then someone found out it was my birthday as well, and my boss announced it at the morning meeting...I was just glad they didn't sing.

Mike and I had planned to meet for dinner at the half-way subway stop, so I was looking forward to that all day.  I came home kind of late though, and was worried that I wouldn't have time to clean up my kitchen before I had to leave to meet him.  I walked in the door to the ah-pah-tuh and found all of the shoes in the entryway lined up neatly...that was definitely not how I left them.  I walked in, and there was chocolate on the table in a very clean kitchen.  I was SO EXCITED (mostly about the kitchen, although the chocolate does look delightful)!  My sweet sister-in-law CLEANED!  While I was embarrassed that my house was messy in the first place, it was such a great surprise to come home to a clean kitchen.

Michelle came back a little while later, and we left to meet our handsome husband/brother; it was a pretty quick trip on the subway since we were only going half way.  We met up and went to look for dinner--neither of us had been to Chang Dong except to transfer subway lines.  It turns out the area is a street food hot-spot, and there are a bunch of "inside" restaurants as well.  We picked a pork BBQ place, which turned out to be really yummy.






The best was yet to come, however.  When we finished dinner, my sweet husband pulled a tupperware container out of his bag.  He had made cupcakes!  Please pressure him to tell you about his baking adventure--he had us in stitches at the dinner table.




My sweet husband even remembered to bring a candle and match, and I got a happy birthday song after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment