Thursday, January 12, 2012

Home for the Holidays, and Winter in Seoul

It's COLD here!!!  I worked out tonight in the ah-pah-tun, then ran down to the Kimbap Cheonguk to grab some dumplings for lunch tomorrow.  By the time I got back inside I had ice in my hair!  Needless to say, I am living in my full-length down coat, furry boots, and thick mittens.  I also broke down and bought the $300 parka that goes with the "aquaflauge" uniform--I held out since I don't really like the uniform and was hoping it would go away before I had to pay that much for another piece of blue/gray ugly, but given the low temps here (and they've actually been warmer than last year's!) I haven't regretted the purchase.

Anyway, the cold has me reminiscing about the 72 degree weather we had in Los Angeles.  And about how wonderful it was to spend time with family over the holidays.  I'm so glad we were able to come home!

I didn't carry the camera around as much as I thought I would; I was mostly just enjoying being home and with family and friends.  I did manage to get a few shots at the farm in Sylacauga and at the Los Angeles County Museum of Arts with my handsome husband, my lovely and talented sister-in-law, and the three beautiful and spunky Chang-girl cousins.

First up, farm pics:

Christmas decorations at the farm

It's fun bringing my self-proclaimed "city boy" husband to the farm.


"Mistletoe?  Is that an actual plant?"




It was so good to spend some time in Alabama.

Next, onto Los Angeles.  We had a great trip, again seeing as much family as we could (as well as taking in a Clippers game--my sweet husband is quite excited that after almost two decades of his being a fan, the Clippers are finally good.)  We spent three nights at my sis-in-law's cute new house, and took the Chang girl cousins to the museum:






Lunch was ordered from food trucks outside; we waited on a planter ledge.









What a great trip.

1 comment:

  1. My darling, it is good to read your post again. I hope Chang girls have a chance to read too.
    Very nice. Thank you. Keep on posting...Ah-ooh.

    ReplyDelete