Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring


It's finally spring here!  The cherry trees were beautiful this week.




Of course, spring in Korea brings wind, which brings in yellow sand.


W haven't let that get too much in the way of our activities, however.  The week before Easter we did an Easter basket fundraiser at the Brigade "Eggstravaganza".  I'm so thankful for my Family Readiness Group co-leader, below. 



I also dyed Easter eggs with one of my Korean friends.



My hardworking husband was out in the field for Easter, so I invited a couple of coworkers over for lunch.  My strawberry shortcake cake turned out well, 


and Mom's "company" lasagna was a hit.


Mike got back just as the weather started to get warmer, so the next weekend we went to Yeouido (a neighborhood in Seoul) for the cherry blossom festival.


We spent the afternoon walking and hanging out in Yeouido, where South Korea's National Assembly building (like our Congress) is located.



We ended the day with a walk back along the river (along with several hundred other people out enjoying the weather and blossoms).





We had so much fun in the sunshine, we decided to go to one of the smaller palaces in Seoul the next day.




Such a nice weekend!

This weekend it rained both days, but we were still able to go the big flower market in Namdaemun on Saturday (Mike got an iPad for his birthday, so he didn't mind--he just found a chair in a corner and let me wander around) and to the Seoul Arts Center on Sunday, where we heard the an orchestra performance.

This week we're participating in the "Manchu Mile"--a 25-mile overnight ruck march.  I'll post some pictures from my training hikes around Seoul soon...

1 comment:

  1. Spring time in Korea is very nice. Thank you for nice pictures and story. I enjoyed it very much. It is good to see that you and Michael are enjoying different parts of Korea. There are many more places to go. Plan and visit as many as you can. We love you. Appah and Ummah

    ReplyDelete