Thursday, July 7, 2011

Busan

We had such a great time in Busan last weekend.  It was our first weekend really getting out to another part of Korea, and the city was fun, but what really made it a great trip was spending time with family.  We drove down with Komo, Kyoungmin Unnie and Jeunie; I also got to meet Mike's aunt--"Kun Komo" (Korean for "elder aunt on the father's side"), and her husband "Komobu" for the first time, since we stayed at their house in Busan.  They are truly wonderful.  Kun Komo met us at the curb with a huge smile, and I don't think she stopped smiling the whole time we were there, except maybe to eat.  Despite my still-embarrassingly-pitiful Korean, I really felt like part of the family.

I regret not taking more pictures!  I don't have a single picture of Kun Komo and Komobu, or of Komobu's awesome barber shop, which looks like I imagine it did 23 years ago when Komobu started work there, or even a good picture of Jeunie.  I'll do better next time.

Here are a couple of shots of our adventures at the aquarium, Haeundae Beach (which we couldn't really see because of the fog), and the fish market.
















 


1 comment:

  1. My darling,
    we are so glad that you were able to visit Kun gomo/gomobu over the weekend. I can easily visualize their big smiles to see you and Jueni first time ever. We will visit them again when we get there. Thank you for the pictures. We love you. Ommah & Appah

    ReplyDelete