Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Midnight Conversation

I worked the swing shift yesterday, so I couldn't leave to come up to Dongducheon until 10:30 p.m. or so.  I knew my hardworking husband would be asleep by the time I got to his place, so I was surprised to get a call around 12:30.

Me:  Hi handsome!  Why are you awake?
Half-Asleep Handsome Husband:  I was worried about you.
Me:  I'm fine, I'm almost there.
HAHH.:  Did you take the train?
Me:  Yep.
HAHH.:  Should I come pick you up?
Me:  No, I'm literally about 100 yards from your door.
HAHH:  Are you ok?
Me:  Yes love, I'm fine.  Go to sleep--I'll be there in a couple of minutes.
HAHH:  Hrmmmmgh.

A couple of minutes later I crawled into bed.

HAHH:  You're here...
Me:  Hi handsome.  Go to sleep.  I love you.
HAHH:  Love you to...
HAHH:...
HAHH:...I had a weird dream.
Me:  Yeah?
HAHH:  I dreamed your train stopped in Uijeongbu, and you were too stubborn to get a cab, so you started walking the 35 miles to Dongducheon...
Me:  I'm not that stubborn, I would have at least taken the bus...
HAHH:  I was worried about you in my dream, so I called you, but you were furious with me for some reason; you were so angry that I couldn't understand you.  So I hung up.  But then I felt SO guilty.  So I called you, only that time I wasn't dreaming.
Me:  Love, that's terrible!
HAHH:  I'm glad you're not mad at me.  I would have come picked you up in Uijeongbu.

I'm not sure what this says about my marriage.

But do I have a great husband, or what?

1 comment:

  1. My darling,
    By far this is the sweetest of all your posts so far. We are so happy and proud of you that you both enjoy such a loving relationship as sweet and thoughtful husband and wife. May God bless you forever! Love, Appah & Ommah

    ReplyDelete