Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Merry Christmas To Me

Ok, I know it's not even December yet.  And that I got a very expensive birthday present and told my sweet husband not to spend money on me for Christmas.  And that I bought a pricey plane ticket home anyway.  And that I also bought two pairs of boots in the last two months (it's cold here!).   But...I've been talking about getting an internet phone since we got here.  And the kiosk at the PX had a big sign out today saying that the iPhone 4 is FINALLY here!  So, merry Christmas to me.

Part of my motivation in wanting an internet phone, I admit, is that it's pretty darn convenient to be able to access the interwebs from just about any location.  I've become quite dependent on email and Google, and would be sad without Netflix, and Pandora and ChinesePod and a couple of my favorite blogs.  But a not-insignificant part of my wanting a fancy phone is that I'm afraid if I don't go ahead and get one, by the time I get around to it the technology will have passed me by so completely that I won't be able to figure out how to use the thing.  I think I may have made my purchase just in time--the girl at the kiosk rolled her eyes just a bit when I asked her how to unlock the touch screen.  (This is understandable--Junie is only two but she already has it figured out.)  And while I have successfully loaded the ChinesePod and Pandora apps onto my phone, I haven't yet discovered how to turn it off.  But who really uses that function anyway?

So.  Any tips, favorite apps, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment