Monday, June 13, 2011

Unnie's Boys

(I really want to share some pictures and stories from my family's trip to Korea, but it's taking me a while to wade through the 700 pictures I took.  I'll get there eventually.)

I woke up Saturday to realize I had no family in town, no husband in town, and no work for the weekend.  Time to do a few of those things I've been thinking about but haven't had time for.  I put a few cards in the mail, went swimming, got my hair cut, dropped by the library, and called Jihyun Unnie to see if I could come visit and make some spaghetti for her boys.

I intended to cook a meal, play with the boys, maybe try out my new camera lens and take some pictures of the baby, then head up to Dongducheon (I had a meeting Monday).  Instead, I ended up cooking once and eating three of Unnie's meals.  It wasn't until after dinner was cooked, eaten, and cleaned up and I still hadn't heard from Mike (no place to charge his cell phone in the field) that I realized I might not be able to get into his room.  Unnie graciously offered to make up the guest bed and include me on her nightly sanity-preserving walk to the convenience store for ice cream.

It was so good to visit with her and the family!  Unnie pulled out her beading supplies and taught me some new techniques--she's such a talented artist--and I was able to help with dishes and keeping an eye on two-year-old Quinn and baby William.  At least I hope I was some help.








1 comment:

  1. Jeananne, it is so good to have you back in your blog. Hope that you had a great time with your family. We can't wait to have our turn. The boys look so cute. Thank you for their pictures. Isn't it nice to have family around? Glad that you spent some time with them. We love you.. Appah & Ommah

    ReplyDelete