Friday, January 28, 2011

Update from Mike

I haven’t written a blog post in SO long... here is my quarterly update:
Work is very busy but going well.  I love my Soldiers and leadership and couldn’t have asked for a better situation.  There are challenges every day but overall the job is very rewarding.  I will be very busy until about June... I really wanted to go home before then but it doesn’t seem like its going to happen.  I started playing soccer again.  It’s awfully cold here in Korea (can’t wait until the winter is over!), but the indoor season is in full swing.  I’ve been playing mostly with my company soldiers, and it’s been fun.  I am contemplating whether to join the Camp Casey Post team but given the responsibilities of work I may have to pass.  I’ve also been doing Tae Kwon Do here, which is a great stress relief.  I can’t go as consistently as I want but am having a great time with it.  It’s something I never really did growing up (aside from couple sessions after Korean school), but I’m enjoying it now.  

Jean Anne wrote about our TV, but let me give you a background on my TV experience.  TV and I have a love/hate relationship.  My sister and I always loved TV but were deprived of it in our youth.  To be honest, I think it was a good decision on my dad’s part not to have TV for numerous years growing up, because it forced us to play outside.  I think thats why I grew up playing every sport.  Even after getting a TV at our house, I vowed for a year in high school to concentrate on studies and not watch it... HAVING SAID THAT, TV became a bit of a holy grail... so having a 52” TV to watch soccer in HD is awesome!!!!

1 comment:

  1. sERIOUSLY! i think all those years being deprived of TV has conditioned me to be able to watch 12 hours straight and love every second of it... i .. love.. t.. v...

    ReplyDelete